Invasive Species Habitat Restoration Workshop (for Volunteers) Cranbrook
Time & Location
About the event
Do you volunteer in local recreation or natural areas to control invasive plants, or would you like to? Whether you are an experienced steward or are just thinking about getting involved, join us for a free training session for volunteers! Program participants will gain skills in weed management and volunteer coordination for stewarding natural areas in their local community. Topics will include:
• Basic invasive plant ID
• Biology and ecology of invasive plants
• Management tools and best practices
• Strategies for success over time
• Using your smartphone as a tool to map weeds
• Collaborating and sharing information
• Resources for plant ID and control methods
• Best practices for not spreading weeds
Who is this course for?
Everyone who is interested in habitat restoration and invasive species control and prevention.
Participants should consider joining EKISC during one of our weed pulls. Information on current events will be provided at the course.
• Plant ID booklets
• Orientation package
** Light snacks and drinks provided
** Participants should pack a lunch and be prepared to be outside for the duration of the course.
Elizabeth Lake Trailhead - corner of 11th St S at Innes Ave S
- Volunteer Cranbrook$0$00$0