Invasive Species Plant ID Course - Invermere (1)
Time & Location
About The Event
This is a course for anyone interested in increasing their invasive plant identification skills. This course introduces participants to invasive plant identification in the field as well as invasive plant control and removal methods. Participants will have the opportunity to get hands on experience with invasive plant species - feel free to "bring a weed" from your property if you'd like help identifying it.
1. Learn characteristics of invasive species and how they spread.
2. Learn to use the field guide to identify invasive (and some native) plants.
3. Learn how to remove and dispose of invasive plants.
- Notebook and pen
- Clothing to go outside
- Optional: camera and/or plant press (to document plants)
* participants will receive a plant ID book to take home with them
Length: 2.5 hours
COST: To assist in providing these regional invasive species workshops, EKISC requests your support through a recommended donation of $15 per person (receipts available upon request, includes plant ID book). By donating to EKISC, you are contributing to our ongoing education and outreach programs, such as training workshops, that prevent the spread of invasive species into the beautiful East Kootenay region. Donations can be provided by cheque or cash.