invasive species.

Screen Shot 2018-08-23 at 1.21.04 PM.png

Private Land Reports


For invasive plants located on private lands, please call the Regional District of East Kootenay (RDEK) Toll-Free at 1-888-478-7355 or 1-250-489-2791 or send an email to

The RDEK has the responsibility to carry out education, awareness, compliance, and enforcement activities for invasive plants on private property.

Crown Land Reports

1. Report-A-Weed website offers online reporting for invasive species. 


2. The Report-A-Weed mobile app allows members of the public to report weeds while they are on the go or in the field. Only available on Android or iPhones at this time (not tablets).

3. The BC Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations (FLNRO) website provides a number of ways to report invasives.

4. The BC Inter-Ministry Invasive Species Working Group (IMISWG) has an online reporting page.

*All reports of invasive species are entered into  the BC Provincial Invasive Alien Plant Program (IAPP) database, redirected regionally, and verified by staff on the ground. 

Aquatic Invasive Species


To report suspected sightings of ANY and all Aquatic Invasive Species (AIS) in the region, please call EKISC immediately at 1-888-55-EKISC

The East Kootenay is relatively free from most AIS; we want to keep it that way! 

ALL sightings of Zebra/Quagga Mussels to RAPP: 1-877-952-7277